Monday, June 13, 2011

Who Am I?

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."  --Bruce     Lee

 I was reading a couple of my friends' blogs and they all got me thinking. It's strange that people get so intimate with what they write. Understandable In my short term as a blogger I've found myself pouring out a lot of feelings and emotions to it.

It's crazy.

This time last year I would have never thought I would have been the type to do this. It's really fun and a relaxing pass time. I write. and I realize that most of my closest friends don't even know that I have a blog. I haven't told them for no particular reason. I'm not embarrassed or anything. Although most of my friends would probably make fun of me. They're the big manly warrior types who never cry.  They would give me shit about it but in the end would probably admit that what I write relates to them in one way or another. But one thing I have noticed is people have a picture of me.

Of how they expect me to be. They expect me to be some stupid ass muscle head. They expect me to have no intelligence whatsoever. Granted I'm not a genius, not even close. I had three math classes for Christ's sake. But I wasn't beat with a stupid stick neither. People hear me talk with one of my friends about going to
the gym, and I've seen girls look at me like they don't expect me to have abstract thoughts or to have read a book. Ask about me. Chances are the person describing me will give you a 100%  different version of me than how I really am. People think shit don't faze me. I don't try to act like it doesn't, but I've had more practice dealing with bullshit than the average kid my age. So maybe I'm desensitized to it. I've noticed that
I surprise people sometimes. So let me clear it up for you:

Yes, I am a muscle head who loves to go work out
I'm also a nerd who loves everything from harry potter to Lord of the Rings.
Yes, I hated math in class
I also love to read and write.
Yes, I hated being in school.
I also loved the experiences and friends I've made.
Yes, I was a smart ass to the majority of my teachers.
I also appreciated everything they did for me.
Yes, I was a rough around the edges kind of guy.
I also love those close to me dearly.
Yes, I try to be that tough guy who doesn't show his emotion.
I also wear my emotions on my sleeve.
Yes, I've been called a wigger
I also love country, and rock music as well as rap.

I guess there is more to me. I think about all this. I don't get angry when people think I'm that little hoodlum or that stupid ass gym rat, I've even been called a wigger in my time. I just ask that you get to know me before you make a honest assessment of me. I get a nice feeling when I fail to live up to those expectations. When people realize what's up.

So who am I?
Find out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog too! I'm the same way, I never really told anyone that I had one either. Especially to my closest friends...those that you yourself know. Not because they would bash me, but because they didn't seem too interested in it like I was.

    ReplyDelete