Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Laughter Is The Cure

Humor can alter any situation and help us cope at the very instant we are laughing.
Allen Klein 


Sometimes you know how a day will be the moment you wake up. Sometimes you will wake up in the most horrible mood and you know the days just going to suck nuts. In my experience a event usually triggers it, I wake up late for work or I slam my head on something when I finally get the nerve to pull myself out of bed.  Other times it can sneak up on you when you are having a good day. But regardless I am lucky enough to have friends that will cheer me up. I work at Mcdonald's and despise every minute of it  there were times when my friends would take my spot just so I could go get a five minute breather and smoke a cig. Now they know I would do the same but its really cool when my friends see me get agitated and want to help. I digress. I was thinking about all of this, how I hate work but when we all finish our closing and get off the clock and go to take our ritual smoke. (we all stand around in circles and smoke cigarettes, except Zach who smokes black and milds.) When we get to that point the mood of the Mcdonald's night crew shifts instantly. We could be in the most terrible mood, but we all start just joking and we usually cheer each other up. It's because we all have survived again. One more shift. We crack jokes because a lot of the time thats how we cope with our perspective situations. I believe to survive in this world it is necessary to have a sense of humor. Otherwise the world would be a dull, boring, and somewhat miserable place. Humor adds the color to our dull grey lives. It enables us to deal with situations that would otherwise cripple us.

That is all.

Today was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment